Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Grey on Grey on Grey

This weekend I attended the 35th birthday of a very dear friend. I wanted to wear something I could actually move/dance/drink/play in. Thankfully I just found this awesome, fishtail dress last week with an embroidered, Ikat style bodice.
 
The party was in Marina Del Rey, and then Santa Monica near the pier. Which meant I needed a layering piece. This fuzzy, 60's era vest was just the thing.
 
The choker is a necklace strung twice. It's a vintage piece handmade in Israel that's a perpetual favorite of mine. Heavy silver, it was my mothers, (but I'll never give it back)!
 
The heels are from several seasons years ago, but I always end up pulling them out for something. The basket weave is so unique. I usually only see that pattern in raffia or wovens, but rarely in leather.
Dress: The Fashion Truck, Heels: Sigerson Morrison, Earrings: Gift, Necklace: Israel (Vintage), Vest: Polka Dots and Moonbeams

This dress made the evening so comfortable. That's the thing about clothing. It can sometimes make you feel fabulous, but occasionally a little constrained. This one manages to do one, without the other.

With Love,

Noa B

1 comment: