Monday, March 11, 2013

Chain Gang Vintage Swap

Ladies!

It's "Chain Gang" time once again, and I'm truly excited to show you how a group of us gals who all love vintage each took a turn at styling this retro, wooly jacket! (For new readers, the Chain Gang is a collective of fashion bloggers who periodically swap one item of clothing and show our readers how to style it in various ways. This is my 5th chain gang and I think our rounds just keep getting better and better)!
I received this fuzzy blazer courtesy of Sarah at "Living Goldie" and played endlessly trying to figure out how I liked it best. Just for fun, I thought I'd show you a few "incarnations" of how I dressed it up and down before settling on a favorite.
First, there was the 70's inspired shorts. Although this coat is probably from the mid-80's, the cobalt-purple color felt so incredibly disco that I wanted to mix it up. So I tried glitz and shorts with thick hoops and a pony belt but felt a little exposed. Next I experimented with copper and leopard wedges. Definitely fun and comfortable, but it wasn't quite jelling. When it works I know I can leave the house feeling pulled together and easy. This combo didn't feel quite "me" yet...
...Until I pulled on these AG jeans which I've tailored to look like slim-fit, "boyfriend's". Presto. Yellow, kitten heels and a woven belt paired with some polka dots finally felt like the right balance of casual chic. I took a walk with my hubby in this ensemble and like Goldilocks, knew it was just right...
Heels: Enzo Angiolini, Jeans: AG, Top: Random Boutique, Belt: Vintage, Bracelet: Vintage 

Here's the best part! Now you can decide how to style this jacket by entering to win it!

Head on over to http://www.livinggoldie.com for official rules and to enter!!




And be sure to visit all of these blogs to see the different ways each member of the Chain Gang rocked it!

Sarah from Living Goldie 
Jen from Belle de Couture
Tanya from November Grey
Jenn from The Suburb Experiment   

With Love,

Noa B

3 comments:

  1. I like that we had the similar idea to pair it with the graphic yellow! Although now I'm wishing I had thought of a red lip as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How hot are you? Popping by from Tanyas blog:)
    LOVE it with the yellow heels lady! and those beautiful red lips w the oversized sunnies...all just too fabulous.
    Have a great week.
    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly, what a lovely compliment! Have a lovely week right back. :)

      Delete