Thursday, February 28, 2013

Velvet and Paneling

I love those rare moments where I find something in the back of my closet that I've completely forgotten I own!
 
 
Although I'm not a "matchy" sort of gal, I was surprised to find that this vintage blazer (bought a couple of years ago), had lilac details that were a spot on match for my Free People mini. While a lovely color, this hue of lavender is actually fairly hard to compliment. It's very dusty, (not quite mauve, not quite lavender, not quite grey) and most colors tend to clash head on with it, (which is why it's remained in the back of the closet for the past year).
But this jacket forced it into submission. The spot-on color match between the velvet panels and the skirt lace work hand in hand.
I met a friend for lunch, (one of the most amazing hairstylists in the biz I might add) and even though minis look better with heels, I opted for flats. (I'm still nursing that humongous bruise on my left leg).
Despite that, short skirts and flats can still be flattering and fun. And if you're worried about appearing "pear shaped" just drape a hip length blazer over your top, like I did. For fun ideas on mini skirt pairing, visit FreePeople and checkout their spring array of mini's here.
Skirt: Free People, Jacket: Vintage, Gladiators: Jeffrey Campbell, Tank: Sweet Claire

With Love,

Noa B

No comments:

Post a Comment