Monday, February 11, 2013

T-Shirt Peplums

I've decided to embrace the peplum. Not that I wasn't all for it several seasons ago. In my previous design career I came to love all things 1920's-1950's. I had a blast designing with reverse pleats, boned corsets, loads of godets and darts, and a spectrum of oddly engineered tailoring. But the peplum is one easy, fun shape that looks more architectural than it really is.

Now that the structured peplum is giving way to softer fabrics. I couldn't resist nabbing this one in the fuzziest, coziest, stretch tricot.
I'm really short these days on jackets, (the result of having swapped or re-sold all my blazers). But I just nabbed this adorable H&M one for 7$ at my local thrift store. It reminds me of an old, Bedouin jacket I had as a kid.
 Top: Boutique Brand, Bag: LAMB, Pants: ASOS, Heels: Vince Camuto, Earrings: Tres Jolie, Jacket: H&M

Cropped boleros can be really versatile. They look great whenever there's a waist/hip detail you want to highlight. But they also layer beautifully over tunics. I'll be on the lookout for more like this one on future thrift runs.

With Love,

Noa B

No comments:

Post a Comment