Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Stila Did It

Stila has some gorgeous new palettes that are a breath of fresh air this fall. All varying shades of earth tones in shimmers and mattes, you can't go wrong with any of these luscious combos!
Heart, Soul and Spirit are the three new palettes I purchased this week. Eager to try the tones and textures, and inspired by this image of model Karlie Kloss that I'd torn from a November, "Best Looks" spread, I decided to play with some of the russet and beige-gold colors.
After beginning with my newest investment, (more on that this week) in Shiseido's BB Cream Dark, I applied loose finishing powder and a drop of concealer above and below my lids to get the canvas primed.
Step one was to swipe the tone "Affection" across my entire lid, from lash to crease. 
Next I added a soft, off-white, matte shadow in "Light" to blend out the crease tone, and buffed  it with a large, blending brush. I ran a beigey-brown shadow under my lower lash line in "Thought" to create contour and depth.
 I blended and softened the lines, but kept the shadows a bit thicker than my normal routine. (A La Karlie).
I also used a swipe of Stila's ubiquitous "Kitten" shadow, (a favorite highlighter for many artists) to lift directly under the brow for a slight sheen.
Next I grabbed a mixture of the top left shadow, (Light) and mixed it with the middle lower shadow, (Heart) to create a blond, brow powder filler. Sometimes you can get the correct tone without resorting to an additional brow palette, as long as the colors are matte and fairly neutral or ash in tone.
I extended my lash line with my favorite Stila pencil, the creamy and perfect, russet colored, Tigers Eye.
 Voila.
For some additional warmth and sheen I added Benefit's Coralista (which is a peachy, shimmer blush), along with a highlighter from Rouge Bunny Rouge.
 Both applications were done with a flat brush to create depth and a slightly more edged line.
 Cheek in center, highlight from orbital bone to hairline.
 A coat of my favorite L'Oreal Manga mascara, and some gloss from Rouge Bunny Rouge sealed the deal.
Stila Eye Palette in Soul, RougeBunnyRouge highlighter and gloss in Sweet to Touch and Fleur Parfait

With Love,

Noa B

5 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I really like your Blog! Interesting Stuff & nice Pictures. Do you want to support each other and follow via GFC? It would be so great. Only if you like my Blog too. Hope we stay in touch. :)

    Greetings, Sophia xx
    Instagram; sophiaton_
    YouTube: youtube.com/Sekundenbruchteilee
    Blog; www.sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very thankful that I could read that awesome article. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting.
    We also provide yahoo and hotline customer care services in USA & Canada. Feel free to contact us:
    Yahoo Account Live Support
    Hotmail Account Live Support

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel very thankful that I could read that awesome article. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting.
    We also provide Hotmail & yahoo customer care services in USA & Canada. Feel free to
    Yahoo Customer Care
    Contact yahoo help

    ReplyDelete