Friday, April 27, 2012

Emerald Green Liner

Who's afraid of bright, green eyeliner? Not me!
In all fairness, I have been a working makeup artist for well over a dozen years. Being afraid  of colored pencils isn't really the stock of my trade. But I know some of you out there are. So here are some tips for fun with jewel tones!
  • First, notice how I've kept my brows and my lips bare? It's important to maintain balance in your face.
  • If you're going for a pop of color, keep other areas of your face at a minimum. I don't mean to imply that you shouldn't use any other products. Brow gels and lip glosses are all great. But you can lighten the load elsewhere if you want to strengthen your eyes. 
  • Also, my brows could go either way. I could add some gel and color, but I'm going for a neo-70's approach, which favors a barely-there, thinly groomed eyebrow.
When it comes to jewel tones, (in this case emerald green) I like to utilize a contrast color to help diffuse the brightness and to keep my iris from blending away into the shadow. You'll notice my eye color is almost identical to the liner tone. When adding a color that is very nearly the same as your own, there's a tendency for the eye to recede. To prevent that, I've used a warm, golden, yellow-bronze shadow in my crease and inner eye. This gives the green tone something to "pop" against, and results in greater contrast and vividness. Rule of thumb? Use a contrasting color to your iris on at least one area of the eye to keep colors from fading into each other. My gold is swept through the lid as well as the crease.

With that said, here's a preview of next week's blog and how I softened up that green!
Emerald green liner: Becca Jewel Dust in Feorin.

 With Love,

Noa B

2 comments:

  1. So pretty with your eye color! Love your beauty posts! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO DEAR thanks for your comment on my blog ,
    yours is great!!!!!!!
    I have already followed you on GFC#41 and bloglovin#2
    hope you follow back and keep in touch
    http://marylovesthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete