Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Urban Decay Review: Part 1

As some of you may know, I'm a huge fan of BB Creams, and have been testing and reviewing them for well over a year now.
I was extremely interested in checking out the new array of products from Urban Decay, as I'd fallen in love with their pencils and shadows quite recently. This week I tested two of their rock star items. The newest addition to their "Naked" lineup, the BB Cream, and their best selling, Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
I began with a single, dime size portion of the BB cream over my basic moisturizer. After applying evenly to my whole face, I added one dot of the Eyeshadow Primer Potion over each lid.
And here is the result. Nothing on my face but BB Cream and lid primer, plus mascara. I'm delighted with the extraordinarily natural result. Urban's BB Cream has a very different tone and texture relative to those brands I've reviewed in the past. Two thing really stand out:
1: The product has a very "peachy" tone which immediately brightens the skin. Traditionally, most Korean and Japanese BB's are infused with a shell-pink finish, but this BB is slightly orange based and gives a wonderful, warm flush.

2: There's a distinctly matte, almost silky, silicone-like texture that is unlike the traditional, Asian BB, which is creamy and dewy. And while I love dewy products, there's a LOT to be said for a demi-matte finish. This may be the first BB that truly has that going for it, which makes it a winner for camera work!
Before leaving for set I added a dash of my new favorite shadow pan, the Naked Basics. The results of the matte shadows over the primer potion are remarkable. The colors are instantly infused with opacity and fuller tone.
One swipe of Faint above and below the lash-line, and a swoosh of Venus to highlight was all I needed. The primer immediately "popped" and held the colors to my lid without movement or crease.
And here's the final look before leaving for set: a simple and natural finish completed with a touch of setting powder, Urban Decay shadow, and a hint of blush.
The results are outstanding. I'm sold! These items will be going into my kit in duplicate/triplicate! Stay tuned to see my foundation and concealer pencil review later this week!

With Love,

Noa B

No comments:

Post a Comment