Monday, June 16, 2014

Graduating Hemlines

This past weekend I attended a graduation ceremony for several friends receiving their doctoral degrees at UCLA. After a couple of fits and starts deciding what to wear my adorable hubby asked me why I wasn't making use of all the pretty dresses hanging limply in my closet. He was right of course. I fall into the habit of saving clothing for various "occasions" and then I forget to make use of them.
So I pulled this maxi number I'd only worn on NYE and it turned out to be perfectly suited to the weather, as well as the occasion.
Admittedly, my leg seems a bit pale, but I do love the front opening, that adjusts as you walk.
 Dress: ALC, Sandals: ShoeMint, Necklace: JewelMint Collective, Hat: Target. Earrings: Tres Jolie

I think that one of the keys to happiness in life is in making everything and anything an "occasion". There's a lot to celebrate, and it's good to remember why we mark moments and commemorate people and things.

With Love,
Noa B

No comments:

Post a Comment