Monday, May 12, 2014

Sunday Fleamarket

It's been months since I had a chance to swing by the Pasadena, Rose-bowl flea market. (One of the largest in the United States and a once-a-month, antiquarian heaven).
If you've never been it's an incredibly enjoyable way to spend a Sunday. Being a lover of mid-century, modern furniture and design, I try to hit the "Bowl" at least quarterly to get my fix.
On the hunt for end tables, I wore one of my favorite vintage dresses which, when bought, still had the old tags on it years ago. It seemed appropriate given the nature of my jaunt.
There was so much to see. Like this retro lamp that looked suspiciously like it was covered in "lady parts". 
Or this rad, bear sign next to a variety of "found" wood objects.
 
 Old trunks, great chairs. Funky upholstery...
 Fabulous, Danish design. And of course, the clothing...
 Dress: Vintage, Necklace: Lia Sophia, Sandals: Zara

Next month I've vowed to go for a clothing-only run. With thousands of stalls on view you have to pick your battle before you walk in. Furnishings? Or clothing?

With Love,

Noa B

No comments:

Post a Comment