Friday, August 23, 2013

Paris, Au Revoir

Last night I touched down in Kennedy after a whirlwind, European vacation, (my first in a decade)!

Reconnecting with Paris was long overdue. On our last day out I stopped inside this lovely arcade across from the Richelieu Paris Library. I was drawn to the fabulous, Karl Lagerfeld window displays but my heart belongs to Victor Hugo. (His bust perched atop the bookshelves completed my literary romance with France).
During my five days I took in 6 museums, (several fondly remembered from childhood trips) and a few new ones to boot. The museum of contemporary art was partially closed, (as was the Fashion Museum, the Picasso, the Yves St Laurent, and a number of others) but fortunately one could still walk the ground floor and explore the Fauvists and Expressionists.
Moving through cobblestoned streets and small paved alleys is the best kind of city exploration. These older arcade venues house everything from patisseries and boulangeries, to the most expensive bits of fashion.
 
Dress: Winter Kate, Bag: Brandy Melville, Flats: Vince Camuto, Sunnies: JewelMint
 
There's no better place to walk until you're lost than Paris.

With Love,

Noa B
 

No comments:

Post a Comment