Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dazed with Dots

At a cavernous Goodwill store on the island of Oahu, I found a little, 80's, polka dot dress with pleating and an asymmetrical drape that I've been dying to pull out. I finally got a chance to wear it when my good friend hosted an 80's themed, birthday party. 
When I stumbled across it, the silk was in flawless condition, and the gathers recalled my favorite, 40's style dresses. Quite the hybrid. Since it was already a mish-mosh of eras, I paired it with a modern, leather jacket and an 80's style, beaded belt.
I added nude heels to elongate my legs. I'm obsessed with these BCBG's because they have a 70's vibe to them and they're comfy enough to stand in for hours.
 Jacket: Wilson's Leather re-sale, Belt: thrift score, Heels: BCBG, Dress: Silk vintage

What I love about sourcing thrift and vintage is that sometimes the gems you find are so inexpensive, yet they can make you feel like a million bucks. This dress came with the remarkable price tag of $4.50. I think as investments go, it was a good one. 

With Love,

Noa B




1 comment:

  1. No kidding. I find the best stuff from thrift shops. Your dress is so cute. Love that belt too.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete