Monday, August 18, 2014

Manhattan and Jeff Koons

One of the best things about visiting New York is that no matter when you go, there's always a special exhibit in at least of of the major museums. This week it was Jeff Koons at the Whitney.
In addition to the three floor, massive retrospective, there was also a giant, "Split Rocker" made entirely of flowering plants at Rockefeller Center. The scale was enormous. It must've stood at least three stories in height.
An incredibly impressive feat, and having read about the complex, fabrication processes Koons traditionally used, I couldn't begin to imagine the planning that would go into this giant, flowering art piece.
Some highlights from the show included, Boy with a pony, the Venus of Wilendorf rendered in balloon doggie form, the racy Cicciolina photo series, and so much more...
I kept my wardrobe very minimal during my 5 days away. It was too hot and humid to layer anything so  I threw on a dress and sandals daily. This bag was an amazing deal from Heavenly Couture. At under 20$ per purse I bought it in two colors to use as a basic, travel bag and it held everything, including my camera.
Dress: Winter Kate, Bag: Heavenly Couture, Shoes: Report
With Love,

Noa B

1 comment: